©Scott Sheaffer, CDBC, CPDT-KA, USA Dog Behavior, LLC
I see a lot of not-so-entertaining dog behaviors such as aggression, separation anxiety, resource guarding, compulsive behaviors, etc. I have to be honest; it gets me down a little sometimes.
On the other hand, there are six normal and healthy dog behaviors that I really enjoy watching. Here are six of my favorites.
1) Head Tilt – You said what?
2) Soft Mouth - Such nice manners.
3) Fast Down – So enthusiastic.
4) Extreme Tail Wagging – A whole-body experience.
5) Splayed Out on Floor – This is the original “down dog”.
6) Resting/Sleeping on Back – This is my dog, Clipper, taking a little nap with his favorite stuffed toy. I really do need to work on getting him to feel more relaxed.