Client Agreement and Release Required for Phone Consultations
- USA Dog Behavior, LLC cannot make any guarantees regarding the outcome of any training / counseling / behavioral program. The owner assumes full and complete responsibility for the dog’s behavior during and after the training / consulting / behavioral program.
- The trainer is responsible for training the owner to train the dog(s) on all commands / cues / behavioral issues. The owner understands that he or she is being trained to train his or her dog(s) and without follow-up and reinforcement by the owner, the dog(s) will not be trained and behaviors will not change.
- The owner affirms that all dogs being trained are current on all vaccinations (including rabies) required by his or her city or county. The owner also affirms that all dogs are regularly seen by a veterinarian.
- The owner affirms that he or she has revealed, to the best of his or her knowledge, all of the known aggressive behavior history of the dog(s) being worked with and/or in the home whether directed toward animals or humans. This includes, but is not limited to, aggressive or agonistic barking, air snapping, growling, bites to skin with no tooth puncture, bites to skin with skin puncture and bites that require medical attention.
- If client cancels a session with less than 24 hours notice, client will be charged for the missed session at the hourly rate.
- The owner as the legal owner of the dog(s) being trained, does hereby waive and release USA Dog Behavior, LLC and all of its representatives and contractors from any and all liability of any nature including, but not limited to, any negligence of USA Dog Behavior, LLC, Scott Sheaffer, owner of dog(s) or the negligence of the owners of any other animals (i.e., to indemnify and hold harmless). This includes: any injury, death, sickness or damage the owner’s dog(s) may suffer during or after any training; damage to his or her property or a third party’s property during or after any training; any injury, death, sickness or damage his or her dog(s) may cause a third party’s pet during or after any training; and any injury, death, sickness or damage his or her dog(s) may cause him or her, a family member or third party person during or after any training.
- The owner agrees that if his or her dog(s) or the owner himself/herself causes injury, death, sickness or damage to USA Dog Behavior, LLC’s trainers, representatives or contractors, or if his or her dog(s) or the owner himself/herself causes damage to the property of USA Dog Behavior, LLC’s trainers, representatives or contractors, that he or she will be liable for damages.
- The owner agrees to and understands that USA Dog Behavior, LLC and its representatives and contractors may share information with the owner’s veterinarian, third party behavior consultants, and third party trainers about the owner’s dog(s) as a matter of record and to facilitate treatment.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, client acknowledges that USA Dog Behavior, LLC, its representatives and contractors have not represented, promised, guaranteed or warranted that the owner’s dog(s) will never bite, that the owner’s dog(s) will not be dangerous or vicious in the future, that the owner’s dog(s) will not exhibit other behavioral problems, or that the results of training and behavioral modification will last for any particular amount of time.
The information provided during the phone consultation (and in the written review of the phone conversation) is only an opinion based on the information provided by the dog owner/handler during the phone consultation. There are many variables that affect animal behavior, some of which will not be discussed which may affect the potential accuracy of information provided to the owner/handler. Dogs and their behaviors are never completely predictable by anyone. We encourage the dog owner/handler to work in-person with an independently certified professional dog behavior consultant or behaviorist to enhance the accuracy of the summary assessment and initiate any needed behavior modification if necessary.
In the event that USA Dog Behavior, LLC finds it necessary to employ legal counsel to protect its rights under this agreement, the owner of the dog(s) agrees to pay all expenses incurred by USA Dog Behavior, LLC and any of its representatives and contractors to enforce its rights under this agreement including, but not limited to, costs and reasonable attorney’s fees. This agreement represents the full and only agreement between the parties.